1. Kenneth Bone, the nerdy undecided voter in a red pullover, who questioned the presidential candidates on their energy policies in the October debate, became an instant internet hero, appeared on Jimmy Kimmel and received an offer to star in a porn film.
2. An Alabama man revealed in a widely shared Facebook post his deep regret for getting a “Feel the Bern” tattoo on his penis to support presidential candidate Bernie Sanders. “It seemed like a good idea at the time,” Joshua Hughes said.
3. Iraq’s Transport Minister has claimed his country’s new airport will be built on the site of a Sumerian spaceport built by aliens 7,000 years ago. At a press conference, Kazern Finjan told journalists that ancient Sumerians were extraterrestrials who interbred with earthlings and used the site in southern Iraq for trips to and from the stars.
4. Ancient Roman coins have been discovered in the ruins of a medieval Japanese castle — and no one knows how they got there. Engraved with a portrait of the 4th-century Roman emperor Constantine the Great, the 5 copper coins were found in Katsuren Castle, which was built on Okinawa in the 13th century.
5. Samsung said that it is ceasing production of its explosion-prone Galaxy Note 7 smartphone just 6 weeks after the device went on sale.
6. “YOLO,” an acronym for “you only live once,” was officially added to the Oxford English Dictionary. Other new entries include “splendiferous,” “gender-bender,” and “moobs,” used to describe unusually large male breasts.
7. Alabama officials implemented a new policy that will punish borrowers who fail to return library materials with up to 30 days in jail. A library official noted that $200,000 worth of books and DVDs haven’t been returned.
8. Amtrack responded to a passenger who was stuck in one of its elevators 7 months ago. “We’re sorry to hear that,” the company tweeted to the tweet sent by Amanda Carpenter. “Are you still in the elevator?”
9. A Kansas man allegedly robbed a bank at gunpoint because he preferred being in jail to going home to his wife. Police said that after Larry Ripple, 70, stole $3,000 from a Kansas City branch, he sat down in the bank’s lobby and told a security guard, “I’m the guy you’re looking for.” He was charged with bank robbery and released; it is not known if he went home to his wife
10. Problem with smelly footwear’? Put a tea bag in your shoe. It’s a great way to reduce odor in sneakers and other shoes. The tea bags absorb the moisture and the smell.